PREPARATION BEFORE SURGERY
- Tell the doctor about the underlying disease. Medicines, surgery history, drug allergy history, food allergy history (If there is a medical record from the hospital Should be taken on the day of consultation as well) or inform before the surgery queue
- Patients who received blood clotting drugs And medications that affect blood clotting, such as aspirin, Coumadin, Plavix or NSAID painkillers, such as Voltaren, Brufen or other underlying disease drugs
- Do not eat vitamins, supplements of all kinds, such as vitamin E, fish oil, ginkgo leaves, grapeseed, ginseng, etc. must stop the drug at least 1 month.
- Should wash your hair thoroughly before surgery. And not makeup on the day of surgery Do not wear contact lenses on the day of surgery. If there are eye problems, wear eye glasses instead.
- Do not wear all kinds of jewelry, such as earrings, necklaces, rings, Jill on the body on the day of surgery. (If not removed, must inform the officer)
- Stop smoking at least 4 weeks before and after surgery. Because the substances in cigarettes reduce the amount of oxygen in the blood and destroy cells that will repair wound healing Resulting in reduced blood supply to the surgical area With the opportunity to allow the skin that is undergone hypoxia Causing the wound to heal slower than usual And the risk of infection
- Do not drink alcohol for 1-2 days before surgery. And continued for at least 1 week after surgery
- Before surgery Patients need to clean their fingernails and toenails thoroughly. Refrain from nail polish, pedicure and all nail extension.
POST OPERATIVE CARE
- Compress a cold cloth or ice bag for the first 1-3 days around the area where the nose tape is attached. (Do not hit the part with the tape.)
- After doing the nose for 24 – 48 hours, may feel a headache. Nasal pain Swelling around the face To take painkillers And have to take antibiotics as prescribed by the doctor
- The nose may be the most swollen for about 2-3 days. The wound can be removed from the plaster. Sheep can be removed at the end of 7 days by using warm water. Gently wipe and peel off gently.
- After the 7th day after removing the plaster To warm the swelling area
- After doing the nose for 3 days – 1 week, can go to work, but must avoid some activities that are highly exercised, such as running, swimming, having sex. Should avoid snot, rubbing the nose, bowing for a long time, lifting heavy objects
- In general, the nose will collapse, swell and enter for about 3 months or more, which will collapse about 60% in 1 week, collapse 80% in 1 month, collapse, swell and enter at 90% – 100% in 3 – 6 months