Forehead Augmentation Implant
Forehead is the most visible part of the face which is one-third of the face. There are some people who were born with smooth and good looking forehead and skull but there are so many people who were born with flat, uneven shape of forehead and skull due to various reasons.
In some cases they desire to have permanent volume of forehead and dissatisfied with current forehead shape. Now a day, 3D customized silicone implant and Preform silicone are the best solution for permanent results, which can be matching each individual condition. The customized silicone made implant will give a 3D-effect to the forehead which suites for those who have an uneven forehead, flat or those who desire to add up voluminous forehead. The result is permanent which giving you a natural good looking, voluminous, smooth forehead, prettier especially in female and also make you look younger and classier.
Materials for Forehead Augmentation
1. 3D Customized Silicone Implant
In the forehead augmentation surgery, a silicone sheet will be applied to specially designed for each individual people. The silicones are safe and FDA certified. The custom-made silicone is uniquely craft for each patient one by one.
The advantages of being performed special silicone sheet designed for each individual patient (3D Customized Silicone Implant)
- Silicone sheet which is accurate and appropriate for patients, because the silicone sheet is designed from the bone structure of the patient.
- There are no limitations in choosing the silicone sheet which is the size or the shape of the silicone that can be used to be suitable with the patient’s face.
- To insert the silicone into forehead areas, it can help to get rid of wrinkles on the forehead.
- After the operation, Forehead Augmentation result is permanent.
- Forehead augmentation surgery uses silicone sheet designed for each individual patient, therefore, this will add more dimension to the forehead and also give smaller and younger look.
Preform Silicone is an instant silicone which is designed to medical standard. There are many sizes to choose for the procedure. A surgeon will make a decision depending on suitability and will carefully choose the silicone for each individual patient. The advantages of preform silicone are the price is much lower than 3D customized silicone. The procedure can be performed immediately without doing CT scan for designing a new forehead silicone.
- Safe with experienced surgeon who specialize in the procedure.
- The forehead has a lot of nerve. Masterpiece Hospital has surgeons who have the expertise to analyze the forehead augmentation and can correct problems on the right spot.
- 3D Customized Silicone Implant is designed specifically for each patients (1: 1 customization)
- Because the used silicone is designed from the structure of a particular patient. Silicone is customize to fit the curve of patient’s face and forehead.
- At Masterpiece Hospital, we have surgical specialist teams who have both expertise and experience in cosmetic surgery which will give patient’s confidence to come back and use our service again.
- While silicone is being inserted to perform the forehead augmentation, a surgeon will make a small incision by Full HD Endoscopic Camera. The patient is able to recover from surgery faster with minimal scar mark.
- Being performed the forehead augmentation with Full HD endoscopic camera, the surgeon will see inside the skull of the patient. It can adjust the silicone elaborately and accurately.
Forehead Augmentation procedure is to insert silicone sheet into the forehead therefore patients can be confident that the result is permanent. There will not be any collapsing of silicone after the procedure. Forehead Augmentation will affectively solve flat forehead problem on the right spot.
Forehead Augmentation Procedure
- Surgeon will sedate the patient and the patient will not fell any pain.
- A surgeon opens incisions on hair line areas approximately 1-2 centimeters and uses Full HD Endoscopic technique to perform the forehead augmentation. The surgeon inserts the silicone and sew the incisions without shaving hair.
- 1-2 hours for the procedure.
- A patient can go home after the procedure.
- Inform your doctor of your health condition, medical history or medical allergy or food allergy.
- In case of risk for immune deficiency and health condition affecting the wound healing and infection, inform your doctor of your medical allergy in order to avoid the risk.
- Consult the doctor before surgery if taking blood thinner or any medicines affecting blood coagulation.
- Stop taking vitamin and supplement e.g. Vitamin E, fish oil, grapeseed oil, ginkgo extract, ginseng extract, at least 1 month before surgery.
- No Alcohol 1-2 days before the surgery and 1 week after the surgery.
- Washing your hair before the day of surgery is recommended. No contact lens, makeup, polish, or accessories on the day of surgery.
- No smoking at least 4 weeks before and after surgery as the chemicals in the cigarette affect the oxygen level in blood, resulting in slow healing or infection.
- In the case the patients are 45 years old or more, health examination and medical certificate are required before any surgery (At the doctor’s discretion).
- Prepare your mind and do not be panic. There will be some swelling and bruising around the wounds and your face will be changed. Wound healing and getting used to new appearance take time. Wearing sunglasses after surgery is recommended.
[/gem_list][gem_list]Postoperative for Recovery
- After surgery, pain that is easily controlled by medication usually will subside in a day or two.
- 2-3 days for recovery after the procedure and can continue daily lifestyle. Patient may experience slight pain from the operation. The patient can take painkillers for the treatment.
- Firmness of the forehead area may occur for weeks following surgery.
- After surgery, swelling, bruising, or systemic conditions may occur on the forehead, upper eyelids, or under the eyes. These symptoms may occur more or less depending on the individual. Mostly the symptoms will subside within 2-4 weeks.
- After the operation, the nurse will wrap a headband around the head which need to wrap approximately 3 days after surgery
- After the surgery, a patient can wash the face normally, but carefully not to let the surgical wound wet by water during the first 3 days. A patient can gently wash the hair after 3 days.
- During the first 3 days, it is recommended to relieve swelling with a cold compress around the forehead and the eyes for 24 hours. If there is still swelling, a patient can continue to apply cold compress in the area. Usually, the swelling will gradually reduce within 2-4 weeks.
- It is recommended to lift head high when sleeping. It is best when you can sleep in a semi-lying, semi-sitting position but if you are unable to sleep, it is recommended to put 2-3 pillows to support the head. This will help reduce bruising.
- Stitches will be removed within 1-2 weeks of surgery.
- Avoid hard work condition or extreme exercise activity which may affect the forehead or cause head injury for a minimum of 2-4 weeks. This helps avoid blood cloth.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking for at least 2-4 weeks or until surgery wound is completely heal.