Botox (is Botulinum toxin A), a type of protein, which is made up of bacteria called (Chloroquium Botulinum). It works by binding up the tip of the nerve cells, causing the nerve cells to stop releasing neurotransmitters. The muscles will then relax; this is to stop the muscles in the treatment area from any activities, helping to reduce the size of the muscles, which helps reduce wrinkles on the face, giving smoother skin complexion.
- Dysport from England
- Neuronox from Korea
WHAT WILL BOTOX HELP?
- Helps to reduce wrinkles on the forehead, the eyes lines, the frown lines
- Face Lifting resulting in small frontal facial frames
- Reduce calf muscles
- Reducing the muscles around the jaw (M.Masseter)
- Reducing sweating at armpits, fore hands, and feet
- Fine muscles, such as wrinkles, start giving results within 2-3 days and see maximum results in about 7-14 days.
- Large muscles such as the jaw, or the calf start to give results within 2 weeks and obtaining maximum result in about 4 weeks.
- Will last for 6-8 months, depending on where BOTOX is being treated, and also whether it is the first time treatment or a repeated treatment.
What will you feel during treatment?
- In some customers, if anesthetic is given, some will feel slight pain and the concentration of the botox when the it is being injected
- In some cases, if no anesthetic is given, some will feel the needle going in and also feel slight pain and the concentration of the botox when the it is being injected
Instruction After Treatment
- Immediately after injection, do not touch, pet or massage the injected area because it will affects the distribution of the BOTOX.
- Within 2 hours after the injection, do not lie on your back or lie on your side, because during the first 2 hours, it is the period whereby the drug is being absorb into the muscles. Lying on the side will cause the distribution of the drug to be different from what the doctor had applied. After 2 hours, you can then lie on your back or on your side.
- Within the first 4 hours after injecting Botox, It is very important to work out the muscles at the injection area frequently so as to allow the drug to penetrate into the muscles that are being targeted the most; such as injecting the eyes, you should smile often; forehead injections should often shrug the eyebrows. Or injecting the jaw, should chew gum for 15-30 minutes or 4 hours at the doctor’s discretion.
- Within the first 2 weeks, should refrain from using the steam, sauna, doing facial lasers, doing RF or IONTO on the face; the long period of local heat on the face can affect Botox within the first 2 weeks. You can use the hair dryer, warm bath (not at the Botox injected area) and not to expose to strong sunlight.
- 1 week after injecting BOTOX, you can make-up and apply powder and cream, other treatments can be performed as usual (except Laser, RF and IONTO which should wait after 2 weeks)
- For Botox injections on large muscles, such as the jaw and calf muscles, the drug will be effective within 2-4 weeks. So at the beginning, you may not see any changes, but the drug effect will be most effective in about 4-8 weeks ( 1-2 months) and will stop working after 4-6 months or maybe longer. In the case of regular injections of Botox, to see effective results in reducing the size of the jaw muscles and calves, BOTOX should be injected continuously for 4-6 months, or about 3-4 times. When the injection is stopped, the change in the muscles will be noticeable.
- In the first 2 days, refrain from alcohol, as alcohol will increase the blood circulation and will also wash the BOTOX away.
- After injection, you can eat, exercise and keep your normal daily life activities.